Sunday April 8, 2012 10:43 pm
Box Office Breakdown: American Reunion, Titanic No Match For Hunger Games
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, Disney, Lionsgate, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Classics, Drama, Family, Period, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Although lightning may have struck twice at the box office for James Cameron, the same cannot be said of his film Titanic.
The hype surrounding The Hunger Games has been justified, considering the film has now maintained its number 1 position at the box office for three weeks in a row -- this week earning $33.5 million. The latest installment of the American Pie series, American Reunion, took in $21.5 million in its first week while Titanic 3D pulled in $17.4 million in its debut. Action film Wrath of the Titans was bumped down to fourth from its number 2 spot last week with $15 million while the Snow White adaptation Mirror, Mirror is down 2 spots from last week, landing fifth with $11 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The Hunger Games, Lionsgate, $33,500,000 (avg. $8,098)
2. American Reunion, Universal, $21,500,000 (avg. $6,736)
3. Titanic 3D, Paramount, $17,350,000 (avg. $6,488)
4. Wrath of the Titans, Warner Bros., $15,010,000 (avg. $4,234)
5. Mirror Mirror, Relativity, $11,000,000 (avg. $3,040)
6. 21 Jump Street, Sony, $10,200,000 (avg. $3,390)
7. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Universal, $5,000,000 (avg. $1,665)
8. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, CBS, $975,000 (avg. $1,861)
9. John Carter, Disney, $820,000 (avg. $808)
10. Safe House, Universal, $581,000 (avg. $1,205)
- Related Tags:
- 21 jump street, american reunion, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, dr. seuss' the lorax, hunger games, john carter, mirror mirror, safe house, salmon fishing in the yemen, sidefeatured, the hunger games, the lorax, titanic, titanic 3d, wrath of the titans
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.