Sunday April 1, 2012 11:41 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Another Victory for The Hunger Games
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, DreamWorks, Disney, Lionsgate, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Political, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
As with what seems like any and every young adult novel-turned-film these days, The Hunger Games continues to rake in the cash at the box office, coming out on top again in its second week with $61.1 million.
Apparently more folks are willing to fork over the dough to see teens battling to the death over titan carnage, considering Wrath of the Titans debuted in second with $34.2 million -- nearly half of The Hunger Games' winnings. The Snow White film Mirror, Mirror debuted at third with $19 million while 21 Jump Street was bumped down two spots to fourth with $15 million. Finishing in fifth place with $8 million was Dr. Seuss' The Lorax.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The Hunger Games, Lionsgate, $61,100,000 (avg. $14,769)
2. Wrath of the Titans, Warner Bros., $34,200,000 (avg. $9,647)
3. Mirror Mirror, Relativity, $19,000,000 (avg. $5,273)
4. 21 Jump Street, Sony, $15,000,000 (avg. $4,765)
5. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Universal, $8,000,000 (avg. $2,451)
6. John Carter, Disney, $2,005,000 (avg. $836)
7. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, CBS, $1,274,000 (avg. $2,638)
8. Act of Valor, Relativity, $1,006,000 (avg. $812)
9. A Thousand Words, Paramount/DreamWorks, $915,000 (avg. $909)
10. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, Warner Bros., $835,000 (avg. $920)
- Related Tags:
- a thousand words, act of valor, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, dr. seuss' the lorax, john carter, journey 2: the mysterious island, mirror mirror, salmon fishing in the yemen, sidefeatured, the hunger games, the lorax, wrath of the titans
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.