Sunday March 23, 2014 8:17 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Divergent’ Leads Box Office Race
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Fox Searchlight, Lionsgate, Summit Entertainment, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Independent, Musicals, Period, Religious, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Touted as the next Hunger Games, Divergent seems to have begun slipping into that title this weekend with its $56 million debut.
The latest Muppets film, Muppets Most Wanted, debuted in second place with a modest $16.5 million while last week's top film, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, was subsequently bumped down to number three with $11.7 million. 300: Rise of an Empire also fell two places with its $8.6 million, and newcomer God's Not Dead landed at number five with $8.5 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Divergent, Lionsgate/Summit, $56,000,000 (avg. $14,228)
2. Muppets Most Wanted, Disney, $16,514,000 (avg. $5,170)
3. Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Fox, $11,700,000 (avg. $3,244)
4. 300: Rise of An Empire, Warner Bros., $8,665,000 (avg. $2,809)
5. God's Not Dead, Free, $8,564,000 (avg. $10,979)
6. Need for Speed, Disney, $7,781,000 (avg. $2,498)
7. The Grand Budapest Hotel, Fox Searchlight, $6,750,000 (avg. $22,204)
8. Non-Stop, Universal, $6,346,000 (avg. $2,155)
9. The LEGO Movie, Warner Bros., $4,115,000 (avg. $1,645)
10. Tyler Perry's The Single Moms Club, Lionsgate, $3,100,000 (avg. $1,635)
- Related Tags:
- 300 rise of an empire, 300 sequel, 300: rise of an empire, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, divergent, god's not dead, gods not dead, lego movie, mr. peabody & sherman, mr. peabody and sherman, muppets most wanted, need for speed, non-stop, rise of an empire, sidefeatured, the grand budapest hotel, the lego movie, the single moms club, tyler perry's the single moms club
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.