Tuesday November 5, 2013 9:23 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Ender’ Beats ‘Bad Grandpa’
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight, Lionsgate, Paramount, Relativity, Sony, Summit Entertainment, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Horror, Period, Remakes, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Though last week's number one film, Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, had movie-goers paying plenty of money for the laughs, newcomer Ender's Game was more appealing to them in this box office weekend.
The sci-fi film - Starring Harrison Ford - earned $27 million, pushing Bad Grandpa down to second place with its $20 million. Last Vegas and Free Birds also debuted this weekend, landing respectively at number three and four with $16.3 million and $15.8 million. Rounding out the top five was Gravity, which slipped three spots from its position at number two last week due to its $12.8 million take.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Ender's Game, Lionsgate/Summit, $27,017,351 (avg. $7,930)
2. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, Paramount, $20,010,303 (avg. $5,982)
3. Last Vegas, CBS, $16,334,566 (avg. $5,329)
4. Free Birds, Relativity, $15,805,237 (avg. $4,231)
5. Gravity, Warner Bros., $12,825,346 (avg. $4,241)
6. Captain Phillips, Sony, $8,407,725 (avg. $2,783)
7. 12 Years a Slave, FoxSearchlight, $4,792,214 (avg. $11,688)
8. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Sony, $4,150,983 (avg. $1,708)
9. The Counselor, Fox, $3,379,850 (avg. $1,110)
10. Carrie (2013), ScreenGem, $3,263,524 (avg. $1,449)
- Related Tags:
- 12 years a slave, bad grandpa, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, captain phillips, carrie, carrie 2013, carrie remake, cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2, cloudy with a chance of meatballs sequel, ender's game, enders game, free birds, gravity, jackass presents: bad grandpa, last vegas, the counselor, twelve years a slave
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.