Sunday May 26, 2013 9:26 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Fast & Furious 6’ Finishes at the Top
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Paramount, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Period, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Sports, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
More folks preferred thrill to laughs this Memorial Day weekend, pushing Fast & Furious 6 to number one at the box office over The Hangover: Part III.
The car-centric thriller garnered $98.5 million, while the finale to The Hangover series placed second with $42.4 million (both films debuted this weekend). Star Trek Into Darkness fell two spots from number one, having only earned $38 million. The animated family film Epic also hit theaters for the first time this weekend, placing fourth with $34.2 million. Finally, Iron Man 3 placed fifth with $19.4 million, having dropped two places from last week.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Fast & Furious 6, Universal, $98,528,000 (avg. $26,935)
2. The Hangover Part III, Warner Bros., $42,415,000 (avg. $11,931)
3. Star Trek Into Darkness, Paramount, $38,000,000 (avg. $9,726)
4. Epic, Fox, $34,200,000 (avg. $8,810)
5. Iron Man 3, Disney, $19,424,000 (avg. $5,673)
6. The Great Gatsby (2013), Warner Bros., $13,705,000 (avg. $4,435)
7. Mud, Roadside Attraction, $1,928,000 (avg. $2,708)
8. 42, Warner Bros., $1,245,000 (avg. $1,361)
9. The Croods, Fox, $1,215,000 (avg. $1,205)
10. Oblivion, Universal, $815,000 (avg. $1,425)
- Related Tags:
- 42, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, comic book movies, epic, fast & furious, fast & furious 6, fast and furious, fast and furious 6, iron man, iron man 3, iron man sequel, mud, oblivion, sidefeatured, star trek 2, star trek into darkness, the croods, the great gatsby, the hangover, the hangover 3, the hangover part iii, the hangover: part iii
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.