Tuesday May 20, 2014 2:11 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Godzilla’ Takes Down ‘Neighbors’
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Independent, Musicals, Religious, Remakes, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Sports, Box Office, New Releases
With $93.1 million earned at the box office this weekend, the latest Godzilla seems to justify Hollywood's thirst for remaking every film previously made.
Having (easily) clawed its way to the top, Godzilla bumped last week's number one film, Neighbors, down to number two with its $25 million. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 also fell one spot to number three with $16.8 million while Million Dollar Arm debuted at number four with $10.5 million. The Other Woman fell two spots to number five with $6.3 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Godzilla (2014), Warner Bros., $93,188,384 (avg. $23,580)
2. Neighbors, Universal, $25,065,895 (avg. $7,570)
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sony, $16,803,227 (avg. $4,210)
4. Million Dollar Arm, Disney, $10,515,659 (avg. $3,483)
5. The Other Woman (2014), Fox, $6,307,823 (avg. $2,065)
6. Heaven is for Real, TriStar, $4,380,052 (avg. $1,514)
7. Rio 2, Fox, $3,739,890 (avg. $1,577)
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Disney, $3,664,058 (avg. $1,613)
9. Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return, Clarius Entertainment, $1,957,456 (avg. $759)
10. Moms' Night Out, TriStar, $1,773,470 (avg. $1,695)
- Related Tags:
- amazing spider-man 2, amazing spider-man sequel, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, captain america 2, captain america sequel, captain america: the winter soldier, comic book movies, godzilla, godzilla remake, heaven is for real, legends of oz: dorothy's return, million dollar arm, moms' night out, neighbors, rio 2, rio sequel, sidefeatured, superhero movies, the amazing spider-man 2, the amazing spider-man sequel, the other woman
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.