Monday October 21, 2013 4:13 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Gravity’ Falls Into Top Spot Again
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Fox Searchlight, Lionsgate, Sony, Summit Entertainment, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Horror, Mystery, Political, Remakes, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
While Halloween might be only a week away from Thursday, movie-goers this weekend opted for the space film Gravity over the remake of Carrie and the sequel to Insidious, helping it maintain its top spot at the box office for the third consecutive week in a row.
The Sandra Bullock and George Clooney sci-fi thriller took in $30 million, staying ahead of Captain Phillips, which placed second with $16.4 million. Carrie (2013) and Escape Plan debuted respectively at number three and four with $16.1 million and $9.8 million. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 came in at number five - dropping two spots from last week - with $9.6 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Gravity, Warner Bros., $30,027,161 (avg. $7,861)
2. Captain Phillips, Sony, $16,413,093 (avg. $5,435)
3. Carrie (2013), ScreenGem, $16,101,552 (avg. $5,100)
4. Escape Plan, LionsGate/Summit, $9,885,732 (avg. $3,429)
5. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Sony, $9,672,791 (avg. $2,685)
6. Prisoners, Warner Bros., $2,064,235 (avg. $956)
7. Enough Said, FoxSearchlight, $1,750,519 (avg. $2,312)
8. The Fifth Estate, Buena Vista, $1,673,351 (avg. $946)
9. Runner Runner, Fox, $1,665,242 (avg. $828)
10. Insidious Chapter 2, FilmDistrict, $1,499,842 (avg. $901)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, captain phillips, carrie, carrie remake, cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2, cloudy with a chance of meatballs sequel, enough said, escape plan, gravity, insidious 2, insidious chapter 2, insidious sequel, prisoners, runner runner, the fifth estate
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.