Monday January 28, 2013 5:53 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Hansel & Gretel’ Takes Down Competition
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Drama, Horror, Music, Musicals, Period, Political, Romance, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters faced more than the supernatural this weekend; despite Oscar-worthy opponents, the fairy tale action flick came out on top this past weekend, pulling in $19 million.
Coming in second was last week's number one film, Mama, with $12.8 million. Silver Linings Playbook held steady at number three with $10 million while its competition for the Best Picture Academy Award, Zero Dark Thirty, came in at number four with $9.8 million. Earning $7 million, newcomer Parker debuted this weekend at number five.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, $19,000,000 Paramount (avg. $5,635)
2. Mama, Universal, $12,860,000 (avg. $4,795)
3. Silver Linings Playbook, The Weinstein Co., $10,000,000 (avg. $3,786)
4. Zero Dark Thirty, Sony, $9,800,000 (avg. $3,346)
5. Parker, Film District, $7,000,000 (avg. $3,147)
6. Django Unchained, The Weinstein Co., $5,005,000 (avg. $2,494)
7. Movie 43, Relavity, $5,000,000 (avg. $2,472)
8. Gangster Squad, Warner Bros., $4,200,000 (avg. $1,622)
9. Broken City, Fox, $4,000,000 (avg. $1,526)
10. Les Miserables, Universal, $3,912,000 (avg. $1,777)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, broken city, django unchained, gangster squad, hansel and gretel: witch hunters, les miserables, mama, movie 43, parker, silver linings playbook, zero dark thirty
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.