- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Sunday September 30, 2012 5:42 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Hotel Transylvania Pulls in the Screams
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, Disney, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Period, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Vampires are still very much in at the box office -- no matter what age you are.
The animated family film Hotel Transylvania debuted this weekend with an impressive $43 million, making it the second biggest summer opener after The Dark Knight Rises. The latest Bruce Willis film -- written and directed by Rian Johnson -- Looper debuted at second place with $21.2 million while last week's number one film, End of Watch, fell two spots with $8 million. Clint Eastwood's Trouble with the Curve fell one spot to number four with $7.5 million, and the thriller House at the End of the Street rounds out the top five with $7.1 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Hotel Transylvania, Sony, $43,000,000 (avg. $12,840)
2. Looper, TriStar, $21,200,000 (avg. $7,086)
3. End of Watch, Open Road Films, $8,000,000 (avg. $2,878)
4. Trouble with the Curve, Warner Bros., $7,530,000 (avg. $2,344)
5. House at the End of The Street, Relativity, $7,154,000 (avg. $2,320)
6. Pitch Perfect, Universal, $5,200,000 (avg. $15,522)
7. Finding Nemo (3D), Disney, $4,066,000 (avg. $1,541)
8. Resident Evil: Retribution, ScreenGem, $3,000,000 (avg. $1,260)
9. The Master, The Weinstein Co., $2,745,000 (avg. $3,207)
10. Won't Back Down, Fox, $2,700,000 (avg. $1,074)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, end of watch, finding nemo, finding nemo 3d, hotel transylvania, house at the end of the street, looper, pitch perfect, resident evil: retribution, sidefeatured, the master, trouble with the curve, won't back down
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.