Tuesday February 12, 2013 7:41 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Identity Thief’ Steals Number One Spot
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Drama, Horror, Period, Political, Romance, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Rom-com zombie films are apparently no match for Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman.
The pair's Identity Thief generated enough laughs to help the film debut at number one at the box office this past weekend with $34.5 million, bumping Warm Bodies down to number two with $11.3 million. Steven Soderbergh's latest film Side Effects debuted with $9.3 million while Silver Linings Playbook followed with $6.4 million. Lastly, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters fell three spots to number five with $5.7 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Identity Thief, Universal, $34,551,025 (avg. $11,000)
2. Warm Bodies, Summit, $11,356,090 (avg. $3,774)
3. Side Effects (2013), Open Road Films, $9,303,145 (avg. $3,571)
4. Silver Linings Playbook, The Weinstein Co., $6,425,271 (avg. $2,287)
5. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Paramount, $5,753,165 (avg. $1,751)
6. Mama, Universal, $4,229,665 (avg. $1,580)
7. Zero Dark Thirty, Sony, $4,006,860 (avg. $1,564)
8. Argo, Warner Bro., $2,375,344 (avg. $1,691)
9. Django Unchained, The Weinstein Co., $2,303,495 (avg. $1,534)
10. Bullet to the Head, Warner Bros., $2,078,192 (avg. $864)
- Related Tags:
- argo, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, bullet to the head, django unchained, hansel and gretel witch hunters, hansel and gretel: witch hunters, identity thief, mama, side effects, sidefeatured, silver linings playbook, warm bodies, zero dark thirty
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.