Monday February 25, 2013 9:12 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Identity Thief’ Takes Back Top Spot
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
You can't keep a good thief down.
After dipping to the number two spot last week to A Good Day to Die Hard, the Jason Bateman/Melissa McCarthy comedy Identity Thief managed to earn the most this week with $14 million to reclaim its top spot. Dwayne Johnson's film Snitch debuted at number two with $13 million while Escape from Planet Earth dropped one spot from last week to number four with $11 million. Safe Haven also fell one spot to number four with $10.6 million while the latest Die Hard installment fell four spots from the top spot, earning $10 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Identity Thief, Universal, $14,064,000 (avg. $4,365)
2. Snitch, Summit, $13,000,000 (avg. $5,177)
3. Escape From Planet Earth, The Weinstein Co., $11,013,000 (avg. $3,285)
4. Safe Haven, Relativity, $10,600,000 (avg. $3,289)
5. A Good Day to Die Hard, Fox, $10,000,000 (avg. $2,813)
6. Dark Skies, The Weinstein Co./Dimension, $8,850,000 (avg. $3,826)
7. Silver Linings Playbook, The Weinstein Co., $6,051,000 (avg. $3,007)
8. Warm Bodies, Summit, $4,750,000 (avg. $1,797)
9. Side Effects (2013), Open Road Films, $3,511,000 (avg. $1,696)
10. Beautiful Creatures (2013), Warner Bros., $3,410,000 (avg. $1,156)
- Related Tags:
- a good day to die hard, beautiful creatures, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, dark skies, escape from planet earth, identity thief, safe haven, side effects, silver linings playbook, snitch, warm bodies
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.