Monday May 6, 2013 4:54 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Iron Man 3’ Blasts Competition Away
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, FOCUS, Disney, Lionsgate, Paramount, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Independent, Period, Romance, Satire, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Sports, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Iron Man 3 broke box office records this weekend, earning $175.3 million - the second biggest opening after The Avengers (which also stars Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man), which took in $207.4 million when it debuted.
Last week's number one film, Pain and Gain, dropped one spot with $7.6 million while 42 stayed put at number three with $6.2 million. The sci-fi Tom Cruise vehicle Oblivion fell two spots to number four with $5.7 million while the number five spot went to The Croods with $4.2 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Iron Man 3, Disney, $175,300,000 (avg. $41,218)
2. Pain and Gain, Paramount, $7,600,000 (avg. $2,312)
3. 42, Warner Bros., $6,210,000 (avg. $1,857)
4. Oblivion, Universal, $5,797,000 (avg. $1,690)
5. The Croods, Fox, $4,225,000 (avg. $1,449)
6. The Big Wedding, Lionsgate, $3,875,000 (avg. $1,472)
7. Mud, Roadside Attractions, $2,150,000 (avg. $3,733)
8. Oz The Great and Powerful, Disney, $1,822,000 (avg. $1,571)
9. Scary Movie 5, Weinstein Co./Dimension, $1,435,000 (avg. $773)
10. The Place Beyond the Pines, Focus, $1,298,000 (avg. $1,117)
- Related Tags:
- 42, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, iron man, iron man 3, iron man sequel, mud, oblivion, oz the great and powerful, pain and gain, scary movie, scary movie 5, scary movie sequel, the big wedding, the croods, the place beyond the pines
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.