Sunday May 19, 2013 8:50 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Iron Man’ Falls, ‘Star Trek’ Rises to Number One
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Lionsgate, Paramount, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Sports, Box Office, New Releases
Though Star Trek Into Darkness didn't hit theaters as impressively as Iron Man 3 did two weeks ago, it still fared well garnering $70.5 million.
Despite holding the top spot for two consecutive weeks, Iron Man 3 came in second with $35.1 million while both The Great Gatsby and Pain and Gain also fell one spot to numbers three and four with $23.4 million and $3.1 million, respectively. The Croods, however, fared well, moving up two spots from number seven to number five with $2.7 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Star Trek Into Darkness, Paramount, $70,555,000 (avg. $18,241)
2. Iron Man 3, Disney, $35,182,000 (avg. $8,304)
3. The Great Gatsby (2013), Warner Bros., $23,415,000 (avg. $6,596)
4. Pain and Gain, Paramount, $3,100,000 (avg. $1,276)
5. The Croods, Fox, $2,750,000 (avg. $1,159)
6. 42, Warner Bros., $2,730,000 (avg. $1,147)
7. Oblivion, Universal, $2,222,000 (avg. $1,070)
8. Mud, Roadside Attractions, $2,160,000 (avg. $2,250)
9. Tyler Perry Presents Peeples, Lionsgate, $2,150,000 (avg. $1,053)
10. The Big Wedding, Lionsgate, $1,100,000 (avg. $762)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, iron man, iron man 3, iron man sequel, mud, oblivion, pain and gain, sidefeatured, star trek, star trek 2, star trek into darkness, the big wedding, the croods, the great gatsby, tyler perry presents peeples
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.