Tuesday February 25, 2014 8:09 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘LEGO Movie’ Kills ‘3 Days,’ ‘Pompeii’
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Relativity, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Musicals, Period, Remakes, Romance, Science Fiction, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
The LEGO Movie has become unstoppable!
Despite the releases of newcomers 3 Days to Kill and Pompeii, the animated family film based on a children's toy remained at the top of the box office this weekend with $31.1 million. 3 Days to Kill and Pompeii debuted with respectable earnings of $12.2 million and $10.3 million, respectively. The RoboCop remake fell one spot from its debut at number three last week with $9.8 million while The Monuments of Men also fell one spot as well to number five with $7.9 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The LEGO Movie, Warner Bros., $31,305,359 (avg. $8,048)
2. 3 Days to Kill, Relativity, $12,242,218 (avg. $4,263)
3. Pompeii, TriStar, $10,340,823 (avg. $3,890)
4. RoboCop (2014), Sony, $9,805,051 (avg. $2,908)
5. The Monuments Men, Sony, $7,912,276 (avg. $2,582)
6. About Last Night (2014), ScreenGem, $7,534,816 (avg. $3,344)
7. Ride Along, Universal, $4,623,390 (avg. $2,115)
8. Frozen, Disney, $4,403,797 (avg. $2,329)
9. Endless Love (2014), Universal, $3,967,520 (avg. $1,370)
10. Winter's Tale, Warner Bros., $2,173,455 (avg. $733)
- Related Tags:
- 3 days to kill, about last night, about last night remake, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, endless love, frozen, lego movie, pompeii, ride along, robocop, robocop remake, the lego movie, the monuments of men, winter's tale
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.