Tuesday February 11, 2014 6:29 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘LEGO Movie’ Takes ‘Monuments’ Down
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: FOCUS, Disney, Open Road Films, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Musicals, Mystery, Period, Romance, Science Fiction, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Legos aren't just extremely marketable toys for children - they're a marketable movie franchise for adults, too.
The LEGO Movie topped the box office this weekend, earning $69 million while another newcomer, The Monuments of Men, debuted with $22 million, landing it a second place title. Despite holding the number one spot for three consecutive weeks, Ride Along took a dive down to number three with $9.5 million. Frozen fell two spots to number four with $6.8 million while Lone Survivor stayed put at number five with $5.5 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The LEGO Movie, Warner Bros., $69,050,279 (avg. $18,291)
2. The Monuments Men, Sony, $22,003,433 (avg. $7,137)
3. Ride Along, Universal, $9,589,940 (avg. $3,425)
4. Frozen, Disney, $6,872,811 (avg. $2,794)
5. Lone Survivor, Universal, $5,565,860 (avg. $1,940)
6. That Awkward Moment, Focus, $5,237,186 (avg. $1,864)
7. Vampire Academy, The Weinstein Co., $3,921,742 (avg. $1,466)
8. The Nut Job, Open Road Films, $3,753,080 (avg. $1,249)
9. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Paramount, $3,531,287 (avg. $1,651)
10. Labor Day, Paramount, $3,184,785 (avg. $1,233)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, frozen, jack ryan shadow recruit, jack ryan: shadow recruit, labor day, lego movie, lone survivor, ride along, that awkward moment, the lego movie, the monuments of men, the nut job, vampire academy
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.