Sunday June 16, 2013 5:44 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Man of Steel’ Soars Above ‘This Is the End’
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Columbia Pictures, Disney, Lionsgate, Paramount, Sony, Summit Entertainment, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Remakes, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Zack Snyder's latest Superman reboot, Man of Steel, was one of the most anticipated films of this summer - and it definitely delivered for Warner Bros.
Bringing in $113 million from the weekend earned the Christopher Nolan-produced flick the record opening for June, beating out Toy Story 3 ($110.3 million). Coming in second with $20.5 million was the debut of the Seth Rogen apocalyptic comedy This Is the End. Now You See Me stayed put at number three with $10.3 million while Fast & Furious 6 fell two spots to number four with $9.4 million. The Purge took the greatest dive, falling from the top spot last week to number five with $8.2 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Man of Steel, Warner Bros., $113,080,000 (avg. $26,879)
2. This Is the End, Sony, $20,500,000 (avg. $6,710)
3. Now You See Me, Lionsgate/Summit, $10,320,000 (avg. $3,348)
4. Fast & Furious 6, Universal, $9,433,000 (avg. $2,795)
5. The Purge, Universal, $8,201,000 (avg. $3,165)
6. The Internship, Fox, $7,000,000 (avg. $2,059)
7. Epic, Fox, $6,000,000 (avg. $1,904)
8. Star Trek Into Darkness, Paramount, $5,660,000 (avg. $2,428)
9. After Earth, Sony, $3,750,000 (avg. $1,542)
10. Iron Man 3, Disney, $2,908,000 (avg. $1,763)
- Related Tags:
- after earth, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, comic book movies, epic, fast & furious, fast & furious 6, fast and furious, fast and furious 6, iron man 3, iron man sequel, man of steel, now you see me, star trek 2, star trek into darkness, superman, the internship, the purge, this is the end
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.