Sunday May 27, 2012 9:07 am
Box Office Breakdown: MIB3 Travels to the Top of the Chart
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, Disney, Fox Searchlight, Lionsgate, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Drama, Horror, Political, Remakes, Romance, Satire, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Who says lightning can't strike thrice?
Although The Avengers had a good three weeks at the top of the box office, Will Screen's return to the big screen in Men in Black 3 took in $55 million, finally bumping the Marvel flick down to #2. The superheroes, however, didn't go down without a fight, taking in close to $37 million this Memorial Day weekend. Battleship sunk to #3 with $10.8 million while The Dictator fell to #4 with $9.6 million. Horror film The Chernobyl Diaries debuted at number five with $8 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. MIB 3, Sony, $55,000,000 (avg. $12,947)
2. Marvel's The Avengers, Disney, $36,987,000 (avg. $9,440)
3. Battleship, Universal, $10,800,000 (avg. $2,917)
4. The Dictator, Paramount, $9,600,000 (avg. $3,185)
5. Chernobyl Diaries, Warner Bros., $8,000,000 (avg. $3,288)
6. Dark Shadows, Warner Bros., $7,515,000 (avg. $2,208)
7. What to Expect When You're Expecting, Lionsgate, $7,150,000 (avg. $2,367)
8. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Fox Searchlight, $6,350,000 (avg. $5,150)
9. The Hunger Games, Lionsgate, $2,750,000 (avg. $1,935)
10. Think Like a Man, ScreenGem, $1,400,000 (avg. $1,781)
- Related Tags:
- battleship, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, chernobyl diaries, dark shadows, marvel's the avengers, men in black 3, mib 3, sidefeatured, the avengers, the best exotic marigold hotel, the dictator, the hunger games, think like a man, what to expect when you're expecting
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.