Tuesday May 13, 2014 5:30 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Neighbors’ Moves Into Top Spot
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Lionsgate, Relativity, Sony, Summit Entertainment, Universal, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Independent, Religious, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
The Seth Rogen and Zac Efron comedy Neighbors stole The Amazing Spider-Man 2's thunder at the box office this weekend.
The Nick Stoller-directed flick pulled in $49 million while the superhero movie only managed to draw $35.5 million. The Other Woman and Heaven Is For Real both fell one spot to number three and four, respectively, with $9.6 million and $7.4 million. The other Marvel adaptation, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, dropped from number four to number five this week with $5.7 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Neighbors, Universal, $49,033,915 (avg. $14,954)
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sony, $35,501,212 (avg. $8,210)
3. The Other Woman (2014), Fox, $9,605,781 (avg. $2,906)
4. Heaven is for Real, TriStar, $7,482,618 (avg. $2,455)
5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Disney, $5,750,593 (avg. $2,129)
6. Rio 2, Fox, $5,028,838 (avg. $1,692)
7. Moms' Night Out, TriStar, $4,311,083 (avg. $4,129)
8. Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return, Clarius Entertainment, $3,715,931 (avg. $1,443)
9. Divergent, Lionsgate/Summit, $1,743,676 (avg. $1,414)
10. Brick Mansions, Relativity, $1,643,574 (avg. $841)
- Related Tags:
- amazing spider-man 2, amazing spider-man sequel, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, brick mansions, captain america 2, captain america sequel, captain america: the winter soldier, divergent, heaven is for real, legends of oz: dorothy's return, moms night out, moms' night out, neighbors, rio 2, rio sequel, sidefeatured, the amazing spider-man 2, the amazing spider-man sequel, the other woman
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.