Sunday March 17, 2013 5:09 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Oz’ Maintains Its Magic Touch
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, Disney, Lionsgate, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Romance, Science Fiction, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Both the star power of Halle Berry and the magic of Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, and Steve Buscemi were no match for Sam Raimi's Wizard of Oz prequel.
Oz the Great and Powerful - which stars James Franco, Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis, and Rachel Weisz - securing its number one spot with $42.2 million, a roughly 46 percent drop from its $80.2 million debut last week. Berry's latest thriller, The Call, debuted at number two with $17.1 million while fellow newcomer The Incredible Burt Wonderstone placed third with $10.3 million. Jack the Giant Slayer and Identity Thief fell two spots to number four and five, respectively with $6.2 million and $4.5 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Oz The Great and Powerful, Disney, $42,222,000 (avg. $10,793)
2. The Call, TriStar, $17,100,000 (avg. $6,821)
3. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Warner Bros., $10,305,000 (avg. $3,261)
4. Jack the Giant Slayer, Warner Bros., $6,220,000 (avg. $1,853)
5. Identity Thief, Universal, $4,519,000 (avg. $1,590)
6. Snitch, LionsGate/Summit, $3,500,000 (avg. $1,487)
7. 21 and Over, Relativity, $2,619,000 (avg. $1,080)
8. Silver Linings Playbook, The Weinstein Co., $2,587,000 (avg. $1,615)
9. Safe Haven, Relativity, $2,495,000 (avg. $1,131)
10. Escape From Planet Earth, The Weinstein Co., $2,327,000 (avg. $1,052)
- Related Tags:
- 21 and over, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, escape from planet earth, identity thief, jack and the giant slayer, oz the great and powerful, safe haven, sliver linings playbook, snitch, the call, the incredible burt wonderstone
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.