Sunday October 21, 2012 7:50 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Paranormal Activity 4 Claims the Top Spot
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Mystery, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Horror films, to no one's suprise, continue to take in the most at the box office as we approach Halloween - the latest Paranormal Activity film is no exception.
Paranormal Activity 4 debuted at the top with a modest $30.2 million, which is still quite a profit for its $5 million budget, but nowhere near as impressive as its predecessors. Ben Affleck's sophomore film Argo held steady at number two this weekend with $16.6 million while Hotel Transylvania was bumped up a spot to number three with $13.5 million. Taken 2 took the biggest blow, dropping three spots to number four with $13.4 million. Alex Cross debuted at number five with $11.7 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Paranormal Activity 4, Paramount, $30,200,000 (avg. $8,851)
2. Argo, Warner Bros., $16,625,000 (avg. $5,120)
3. Hotel Transylvania, Sony, $13,500,000 (avg. $4,479)
4. Taken 2, Fox, $13,400,000 (avg. $3,841)
5. Alex Cross, Summit, $11,750,000 (avg. $4,628)
6. Sinister, Summit, $9,030,000 (avg. $3,552)
7. Here Comes the Boom, Sony, $8,500,000 (avg. $2,820)
8. Pitch Perfect, Universal, $7,009,000 (avg. $2,635)
9. Frankenweenie, Disney, $4,434,000 (avg. $1,877)
10. Looper, TriStar, $4,200,000 (avg. $1,889)
- Related Tags:
- alex cross, argo, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, frankenweenie, here comes the boom, hotel transylvania, looper, paranormal activity 4, paranormal activity sequel, pitch perfect, sinister, taken 2, taken sequel
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.