Sunday September 16, 2012 4:28 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Resident Evil Takes Down Nemo
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, FOCUS, Disney, Lionsgate, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Period, Political, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Fans of Resident Evil have proven that the franchise shows no signs of slowing down, considering that its fifth film installment has topped the domestic box office and garned even more success overseas.
Taking in $21.1 million, Resident Evil: Retribution beat out the 3D release of Finding Nemo, which pulled in $17.5 million. The Possession - which held the top spot for two weeks - was bumped down two spots with $5.8 million. Lawless also fell two spots to number four with $4.2 million while ParaNorman remained at number five with $3 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Resident Evil: Retribution, ScreenGem, $21,100,000 (avg. $7,005)
2. Finding Nemo (3D), Disney, $17,504,000 (avg. $6,028)
3. The Possession, Lionsgate, $5,800,000 (avg. $2,028)
4. Lawless, Weinstein Co., $4,219,000 (avg. $1,377)
5. ParaNorman, Focus, $3,039,000 (avg. $1,307)
6. The Expendables 2, Lionsgate, $3,030,000 (avg. $1,046)
7. The Words, CBS, $2,880,000 (avg. $1,028)
8. The Bourne Legacy, Universal, $2,875,000 (avg. $1,325)
9. The Odd Life of Timothy Green, Disney, $2,511,000 (avg. $1,040)
10. The Campaign, Warner Bros., $2,405,000 (avg. $1,201)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, finding nemo, finding nemo 3d, lawless, paranorman, resident evil: retribution, sidefeatured, the bourne legacy, the campaign, the expendables 2, the odd life of timothy green, the words
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.