Tuesday January 28, 2014 11:13 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Ride Along,’ ‘Survivor,’ ‘Nut Job’ Stay Put
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Columbia Pictures, Disney, Lionsgate, Open Road Films, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Weinstein Company, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Horror, Musicals, Mystery, Period, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
With few newcomers this past weekend, it was easy for the Ice Cube and Kevin Hart buddy cop comedy, Ride Along, to maintain its top box office position. The runner-ups in second and third place - Lone Survivor and The Nut Job - also remained in their box office positions.
Ride Along took in $21.2 million while Lone Survivor and The Nut Job took in $12.9 million and $12.1 million, respectively. Frozen came up one spot to number four from last week with $9.1 million while Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit pulled in $9 million, dropping down one spot to number five.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Ride Along, Universal, $21,299,495 (avg. $7,720)
2. Lone Survivor, Universal, $12,900,960 (avg. $4,080)
3. The Nut Job, Open Road Films, $12,101,118 (avg. $3,485)
4. Frozen, Disney, $9,118,806 (avg. $3,308)
5. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Paramount, $9,084,687 (avg. $2,682)
6. I, Frankenstein, LionsGate, $8,610,441 (avg. $3,128)
7. American Hustle, Sony, $7,061,676 (avg. $3,065)
8. The Wolf of Wall Street, Paramount, $5,478,368 (avg. $3,037)
9. August: Osage County, Weinstein Co., $5,029,030 (avg. $2,086)
10. Devil's Due, Fox, $2,786,241 (avg. $1,095)
- Related Tags:
- american hustle, august osage county, august: osage county, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, devil's due, frozen, i frankenstein, jack ryan, jack ryan shadow recruit, jack ryan: shadow recruit, lone survivor, ride along, the nut job, the wolf of wall street, wolf of wall street
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.