Sunday November 11, 2012 4:44 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Skyfall’ Knocks ‘Ralph’ from Top Spot
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Independent, Period, Political, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
To no one's surprise, Skyfall swept the box office this weekend, nabbing the number one spot at the box office. What is a pleasant surprise - for the film's producers, anyway - was that the 23rd James Bond film's take of $87.8 million secured a new opening weekend record for the 50-year-old franchise.
Disney's latest film, Wreck-It Ralph, was bumped down from its number one title to number two with $33 million while Flight also dropped a spot to number three with $15.1 million. Argo remains within the top five with $6.7 million in its fifth week while Taken 2 stayed put at number five with $4 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Skyfall, Sony, $87,800,000 (avg. $25,050)
2. Wreck-It Ralph, Disney, $33,056,000 (avg. $8,810)
3. Flight, Paramount, $15,100,000 (avg. $7,377)
4. Argo, Warner Bros., $6,745,000 (avg. $2,441)
5. Taken 2, Fox, $4,000,000 (avg. $1,608)
6. Here Comes the Boom, Sony, $2,550,000 (avg. $1,248)
7. Cloud Atlas, Warner Bros., $2,525,000 (avg. $1,248)
8. Pitch Perfect, Universal, $2,504,000 (avg. $1,800)
9. The Man with the Iron Fists,Universal, $2,490,000 (avg. $1,330)
10. Hotel Transylvania, Sony, $2,350,000 (avg. $916)
- Related Tags:
- argo, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, flight, here comes the boom, hotel transylvania, pitch perfect, skyfall, taken 2, the man with the iron fists, wreck-it ralph
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.