Sunday June 3, 2012 7:48 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Snow White Slays Competition
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, Disney, Fox Searchlight, Lionsgate, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Drama, Foreign, Foreign Language, Horror, Independent, Period, Political, Remakes, Romance, Satire, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Is it Chris Hemsworth's amazing hair? Was it the aggressive marketing campaign? Is Kristen Stewart actually a box office draw? Whatever it was, something prompted movie-goers this weekend to spend their dollars towards Snow White and the Huntsman -- approximately $56.2 million of them.
Men in Black 3, therefore, was bumped down from its short-lived number one spot to number two with $29.3 million. Marvel's The Avengers dropped to number three with a decent $20.2 million. Battleship dipped down one spot to number four with $4.8 million while The Dictator rounded out the top five with $4.7 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Snow White and the Huntsman, Universal, $56,255,000 (avg. $14,910)
2. MIB 3, Sony, $29,300,000 (avg. $6,897)
3. Marvel's The Avengers, Disney, $20,273,000 (avg. $5,524)
4. Battleship, Universal, $4,810,000 (avg. $1,530)
5. The Dictator, Paramount, $4,725,000 (avg. $1,784)
6. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Fox Searchlight, $4,600,000 (avg. $3,555)
7. What to Expect When You're Expecting, Lionsgate, $4,430,000 (avg. $1,524)
8. Dark Shadows, Warner Bros., $3,860,000 (avg. $1,286)
9. Chernobyl Diaries, Warner Bros., $3,045,000 (avg. $1,252)
10. For Greater Glory, Arc Entertainment, $1,800,000 (avg. $2,378)
- Related Tags:
- battleship, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, chernobyl diaries, dark shadows, for greater glory, marvel's the avengers, men in black 3, mib 3, sidefeatured, snow white and the huntsman, the avengers, the best exotic marigold hotel, the dictator, what to expect when you're expecting
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.