Tuesday May 6, 2014 3:13 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Spider-Man 2’ Rises Above ‘Other Woman,’ ‘Heaven’
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Fox Searchlight, Lionsgate, Relativity, Sony, Summit Entertainment, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Religious, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Box Office, New Releases
Although it may not have been one of the biggest openings for a superhero film, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 still managed to defeat its competition at the box office this weekend.
With $91.6 million, the Marvel reboot was able to knock down last week's number one film, The Other Woman, to the number two spot, as the Cameron Diaz comedy only managed to pull in $14.4 million. Heaven Is for Real remained at number three with $8.6 million, while Captain America: The Winter Soldier fell two spots to number four with $7.77 million. Rio 2 rounded out the top five with $7.71 - down one spot from last week.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sony, $91,608,337 (avg. $21,186)
2. The Other Woman (2014), Fox, $14,407,264 (avg. $4,449)
3. Heaven is for Real, TriStar, $8,601,509 (avg. $2,936)
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Disney, $7,774,269 (avg. $2,446)
5. Rio 2, Fox, $7,711,952 (avg. $2,327)
6. Brick Mansions, Relativity, $3,691,672 (avg. $1,395)
7. Divergent, Lionsgate/Summit, $2,182,283 (avg. $1,331)
8. The Quiet Ones, Lionsgate, $1,994,670 (avg. $984)
9. The Grand Budapest Hotel, Fox Searchlight, $1,777,513 (avg. $2,011)
10. God's Not Dead, Freestyle, $1,765,906 (avg. $1,328)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, brick mansions, captain america 2, captain america: the winter soldier, comic book movies, divergent, god's not dead, heaven is for real, rio 2, rio sequel, sidefeatured, spider-man, spider-man 2, spider-man sequel, superhero movies, the amazing spider-man 2, the amazing spider-man sequel, the grand budapest hotel, the other woman, the quiet ones
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.