Sunday July 8, 2012 8:17 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Spider-Man Nabs Top Spot
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, DreamWorks, FOCUS, Disney, Lionsgate, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Documentary, Drama, Family, Independent, Music, Remakes, Romance, Sequels, Comedy, Box Office, New Releases
While it may not have done as well as its predecessor, the latest Spider-Man movie installment, The Amazing Spider-Man, still managed to earn the number one spot at the box office this weekend with an estimated $65 million.
Following the superhero adaptation came Ted - last week's number one - which pulled in $32.5 million. The latest Disney/Pixar vehicle, Brave, stayed static at number three with $20.1 million while Oliver Stone's Savages debuted at number four with $16.1 million. Rounding out the top five was Steven Soderbergh's Magic Mike, which dropped three spots from number two with $15.6 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The Amazing Spider-Man, Sony, $65,000,000 (avg. $15,053)
2. Ted, Universal, $32,593,000 (avg. $10,010)
3. Brave, Disney, $20,162,000 (avg. $5,182)
4. Savages (2012), Universal, $16,162,000 (avg. $6,150)
5. Magic Mike, Warner Bros., $15,610,000 (avg. $5,003)
6. Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection, Lionsgate, $10,200,000 (avg. $4,720)
7. Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, Paramount/DreamWorks, $7,700,000 (avg. $2,691)
8. Katy Perry: Part of Me, Paramount, $7,150,000 (avg. $2,619)
9. Moonrise Kingdom, Focus, $4,642,000 (avg. $5,251)
10. To Rome with Love, Sony Pictures Classics, $3,502,000 (avg. $4,345)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, brave, katy perry: part of me, madagascar 3, madagascar 3: europe's most wanted, magic mike, moonrise kingdom, savages, sidefeatured, ted, the amazing spider-man, the amazing spiderman, to rome with love, tyler perry's madea's witness protection
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.