- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Sunday October 7, 2012 9:03 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Taken 2 Shoots Down Competition
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Music, Period, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Sports, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Despite Hotel Transylvania's slaying at last week's box office and the debut of Tim Burton's Frakenweenie, parents apparently left their kids at home this weekend to see Liam Neeson hunt down and kill some more kidnappers.
Taken 2 took in $50 million while Hotel Transylvania was bumped down one spot with $26.3 million. Pitch Perfect was added to over 2,000 theaters this weekend, allowing it to reach number three with $14.7 million, bumping Looper down two spots to number four with $12.2 million. Frankenweenie debuted at number five with $11.5 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Taken 2, Fox, $50,000,000 (avg. $13,657)
2. Hotel Transylvania, Sony, $26,300,000 (avg. $7,846)
3. Pitch Perfect, Universal, $14,700,000 (avg. $5,307)
4. Looper, TriStar, $12,200,000 (avg. $4,076)
5. Frankenweenie, Disney, $11,500,000 (avg. $3,827)
6. End of Watch, Open Road Films, $4,000,000 (avg. $1,688)
7. Trouble with the Curve, Warner Bros., $3,870,000 (avg. $1,289)
8. House at the End of The Street, Relativity, $3,698,000 (avg. $1,360)
9. The Master, Weinstein Co., $1,840,000 (avg. $2,130)
10. Finding Nemo (3D), Disney, $1,555,000 (avg. $891)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, end of watch, finding nemo, finding nemo 3d, frankenweenie, hotel transylvania, house at the end of the street, looper, pitch perfect, taken 2, taken sequel, trouble with the curve
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.