Sunday May 6, 2012 10:11 pm
Box Office Breakdown: The Avengers Make History
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Lionsgate, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Documentary, Drama, Family, Mystery, Period, Romance, Science Fiction, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
The Avengers really know how to battle it out at the box office.
The comic book movie - helmed by Joss Whedon - took in $200.3 million at the box office this past weekend, securing the top spot for the biggest opening weekend record, just in front of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($169.2 million), The Dark Knight Rises ($158.4 million), and The Hunger Games ($152.5).
Last week's top movie, Think Like a Man, was bumped down one spot to number 2 with $8 million while The Hunger Games maintained its number 3 spot with $5.7 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Marvel's The Avengers, Disney, $200,300,000 (avg. $46,057)
2. Think Like a Man, ScreenGem, $8,000,000 (avg. $3,980)
3. The Hunger Games, Lionsgate, $5,700,000 (avg. $2,040)
4. The Lucky One, Warner Bros., $5,510,000 (avg. $1,834)
5. The Pirates! Band of Misfits, Sony, $5,400,000 (avg. $1,608)
6. The Five-Year Engagement, Universal, $5,100,000 (avg. $1,734)
7. The Raven, Relativity, $2,508,000 (avg. $1,135)
8. Safe (2012), Lionsgate, $2,470,000 (avg. $1,088)
9. Chimpanzee, Disney, $2,395,000 (avg. $1,564)
10. The Three Stooges, Fox, $1,800,000 (avg. $828)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office records, box office results, chimpanzee, hunger games, marvel, marvel's the avengers, safe, sidefeatured, the avengers, the five-year engagement, the hunger games, the lucky one, the pirates band of misfits, the raven, the three stooges, think like a man
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.