Sunday May 13, 2012 11:57 pm
Box Office Breakdown: The Avengers Smashes Competition… Again
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, Disney, Fox Searchlight, Lionsgate, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Documentary, Drama, Family, Horror, Period, Remakes, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
It seems like packing a film chock-full of A-listers is worth the money spent on them.
The Avengers -- unsurprisingly -- took number one at the box office this weekend, beating Avatar's record for best second weekend with $103.2 million. The latest Tim Burton and Johnny Depp collaboration, Dark Shadows, opened at number two with $28.8 million while Think Like a Man dropped one spot to number three with $6.3 million. The Hunger Games was bumped down one spot to number four with $4.4 million while The Lucky One stayed put at number five with $4 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Marvel's The Avengers, Disney, $103,163,000 (avg. $23,721)
2. Dark Shadows, Warner Bros., $28,805,000 (avg. $7,671)
3. Think Like a Man, ScreenGem, $6,300,000 (avg. $3,070)
4. The Hunger Games, Lionsgate, $4,400,000 (avg. $1,738)
5. The Lucky One, Warner Bros., $4,055,000 (avg. $1,428)
6. The Pirates! Band of Misfits, Sony, $3,200,000 (avg. $1,039)
7. The Five-Year Engagement, Universal, $3,100,000 (avg. $1,207)
8. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Fox Searchlight, $2,650,000 (avg. $14,888)
9. Chimpanzee, Disney, $1,624,000 (avg. $1,042)
10. Girl in Progress, Lionsgate, $1,350,000 (avg. $4,193)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office records, box office results, chimpanzee, dark shadows, girl in progress, marvel's the avengers, pirates band of misfits, sidefeatured, the avengers, the best exotic marigold hotel, the five-year engagement, the hunger games, the lucky one, think like a man
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.