Sunday June 9, 2013 4:50 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘The Purge’ Slays Competition
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Lionsgate, Paramount, Sony, Summit Entertainment, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Period, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Though it might not have made as big of a killing at the box office as Iron Man 3 or Star Trek Into Darkness, The Purge made it to the top of its box office weekend with $36.3 million, successfully bumping Fast & Furious 6 off its two-week stint at number one.
The latest installment of the Fast & Furious franchise garnered $19.7 million, while the magician thriller Now You See Me also fell one spot to number three with $19.5 million. For the return of Wedding Crashers duo Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, their newest comedy The Internship didn't fair too well, debuting at number four with $18.1 million. Epic stayed put at number five with $12.1 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The Purge, Universal, $36,379,000 (avg. $14,345)
2. Fast & Furious 6, Universal, $19,760,000 (avg. $5,240)
3. Now You See Me, Lionsgate/Summit, $19,500,000 (avg. $6,457)
4. The Internship, Fox, $18,100,000 (avg. $5,377)
5. Epic, Fox, $12,100,000 (avg. $3,367)
6. Star Trek Into Darkness, Paramount, $11,700,000 (avg. $3,712)
7. After Earth, Sony, $11,200,000 (avg. $3,293)
8. The Hangover Part III, Warner Bros., $7,380,000 (avg. $2,276)
9. Iron Man 3, Disney, $5,787,000 (avg. $2,462)
10. The Great Gatsby (2013), Warner Bros., $4,230,000 (avg. $1,958)
- Related Tags:
- after earth, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, epic, fast & furious, fast & furious 6, fast and furious, fast and furious 6, iron man, iron man 3, iron man sequel, now you see me, sidefeatured, star trek 2, star trek into darkness, the great gatsby, the hangover 3, the hangover part iii, the hangover: part iii, the internship, the purge
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.