Sunday November 18, 2012 10:42 pm
Box Office Breakdown: ‘Twilight Saga’ Ends at the Top
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, DreamWorks, Disney, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Horror, Independent, Mystery, Period, Political, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
The end of the Twilight
franchise saga has arrived, and its fans made sure it went out with a considerable box office take.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 took the number one spot with $141.3 million this weekend, pushing last week's top earner, Skyfall, back to number two with $41.5 million. Lincoln was added to around 1,700 theaters, boosting its sales to $21 million and thus securing the number three spot. Disney's Wreck-It Ralph fell two spots to number four with $18.3 million while Flight also dropped two spots to number five with $8.6 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, Summit, $141,300,000 (avg. $34,717)
2. Skyfall, Sony, $41,500,000 (avg. $11,840)
3. Lincoln, Buena Vista, $21,000,000 (avg. $11,831)
4. Wreck-It Ralph, Disney, $18,312,000 (avg. $5,056)
5. Flight, Paramount, $8,615,000 (avg. $3,298)
6. Argo, Warner Bros., $4,070,000 (avg. $1,842)
7. Taken 2, Fox, $2,100,000 (avg. $1,018)
8. Pitch Perfect, Universal, $1,260,000 (avg. $1,123)
9. Here Comes the Boom, Sony, $1,200,000 (avg. $889)
10. Cloud Atlas, Warner Bros., $900,000 (avg. $978)
- Related Tags:
- argo, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, breaking dawn part 2, cloud atlas, flight, here comes the boom, lincoln, pitch perfect, skyfall, taken 2, the twilight saga, the twilight saga: breaking dawn part 2, twilight, wreck-it ralph
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.