Sunday February 16, 2014 12:48 pm
Box Office Breakdown: V-Day Films No Match for ‘LEGO Movie’
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, FOCUS, Disney, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Musicals, Period, Remakes, Romance, Science Fiction, Comedy, Box Office, New Releases
The LEGO Movie got more love from movie-goers than any of the new romance films this Valentine's Day weekend.
Pulling in $48.8 million at the box office, the animated film based on the popular toys beat out four newcomers this weekend, including the remake of About Last Night, which placed second with $27 million. The highly-anticipated RoboCop movie debuted at number three with $21.5 million while The Monuments of Men fell two spots from last week to number four with $15 million. The other romantic remake, Endless Love, debuted in fifth place with $13.3 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. The LEGO Movie, Warner Bros., $48,810,000 (avg. $12,930)
2. About Last Night (2014), ScreenGem, $27,000,000 (avg. $11,984)
3. RoboCop (2014), Sony, $21,500,000 (avg. $6,376)
4. The Monuments Men, Sony, $15,000,000 (avg. $4,865)
5. Endless Love (2014), Universal, $13,380,000 (avg. $4,620)
6. Ride Along, Universal, $8,759,000 (avg. $3,480)
7. Winter's Tale, Warner Bros., $7,785,000 (avg. $2,626)
8. Frozen, Disney, $5,855,000 (avg. $2,787)
9. Lone Survivor, Universal, $4,076,000 (avg. $2,025)
10.That Awkward Moment, Focus, $3,337,000 (avg. $1,736)
- Related Tags:
- about last night, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, endless love, frozen, lego movie, lone survivor, monuments of men, ride along, robocop, sidefeatured, that awkward moment, the lego movie, the monuments of men, winter's tale
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.