Wednesday May 28, 2014 3:11 am
Box Office Breakdown: ‘X-Men’ Battle ‘Godzilla’ for Top Spot
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, Disney, Open Road Films, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Biopics, Drama, Family, Horror, Religious, Remakes, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Sports, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
The fight between summer blockbusters has begun with X-Men: Days of Future Past and Godzilla, which held the number one title last weekend with $93.1 million. The monster movie remake was not enough of a pull to detract from the latest installment of the X-Men films, which took in $90.8 million.
Not only did Godzilla lose its top spot, but it also saw a 67% decrease from last weekend's pull, as its earnings was $30.9 million this Memorial Day weekend. Newcomer Blended - Adam Sandler's latest - debuted at number three with $14.2 million while Neighbors fell two spots to number four with $14 million. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 also fell two spots to number five with $7.8 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. X-Men: Days of Future Past, Fox, $90,823,660 (avg. $22,729)
2. Godzilla (2014), Warner Bros., $30,946,416 (avg. $7,831)
3. Blended, Warner Bros., $14,284,031 (avg. $4,018)
4. Neighbors, Universal, $14,022,660 (avg. $4,294)
5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sony, $7,823,388 (avg. $2,476)
6. Million Dollar Arm, Disney, $6,968,980 (avg. $2,308)
7. The Other Woman (2014), Fox, $3,710,407 (avg. $1,723)
8. Rio 2, Fox, $2,467,206 (avg. $1,450)
9. Chef, Open Road Films, $2,266,586 (avg. $4,551)
10. Heaven is for Real, TriStar, $2,033,488 (avg. $1,182)
- Related Tags:
- amazing spider-man 2, amazing spider-man sequel, blended neighbors, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, chef, comic book movies, days of future past, godzilla, heaven is for real, million dollar arm, rio 2, rio sequel, superhero movies, the amazing spider-man 2, the amazing spider-man sequel, the other woman, x-men, x-men days of future past, x-men: days of future past
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.