Wednesday August 22, 2007 10:45 am
Couples With The Worst On-Screen Chemistry
Chemistry, schmemistry. If you know people are going to be watching your movie anyway—does it really matter? Whaddya say, George Lucas?
Film advertising company Pearl & Dean polled 3,000 British moviegoers to see which couples they felt had the worst on-screen chemistry. Based on the results, it’s hard to say whether or not those opinions had any affect on the eventual box office receipts. While I completely agree that Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen fizzled as secret-lovers, I don’t know that the movie’s storyline (or final numbers) could have improved with a different twosome.
Take a look at the poll results and see what you think. Which couples would you add to this list? Three pairings that come to my mind: Julia Roberts/ Nick Nolte (I Love Trouble), Julia Roberts/ Brad Pitt (The Mexican) and Julia Roberts/ John Cusack (America’s Sweethearts).
- Natalie Portman & Hayden Christensen - Stars Wars: Episode II
- Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck - Gigli
- Keira Knightley & Orlando Bloom - Pirates of the Caribbean
- Madonna & Adriano Giannini - Swept Away
- Catherine Zeta-Jones & Sean Connery - Entrapment
- Andie MacDowell & Hugh Grant - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Kate Beckinsale & Ben Affleck - Pearl Harbor
- Nicole Kidman & Tom Cruise - Eyes Wide Shut
- Jake Gyllenhaal & Heath Ledger - Brokeback Mountain
- Kate Winslet & Leonardo DiCaprio - Titanic
- Related Tags:
- andie mcdowell, ben affleck, brad pitt, brokeback mountain, catherine zeta jones, catherine zeta-jones, chemistry, couples, entrapment, eyes wide shut, four weddings and a funeral, george lucas, gigli, hayden christensen, heath ledger, hugh grant, jake gyllenhaal, jennifer lopez, john cusack, julia roberts, kate beckinsale, kate winslet, keira knightley, leonardo dicaprio, madonna, natalie portman, nick nolte, nicole kidman, orlando bloom, pairings, pearl harbor, pirates of the caribbean, poll, romance, sean connery, star wars, swept away, titanic, tom cruise
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.