Wednesday June 20, 2012 10:35 pm
Jim Carrey Quits Dumb and Dumber Sequel
Jim Carrey has dropped out of the Dumb and Dumber sequel.
The comic actor had been due to join Jeff Daniels in the follow-up to the hit 1994 movie but has now left the project - which has been tentatively titled Dumb and Dumber To - supposedly due to a dispute with studios New Line and Warner Bros..
"I would have thought Dumb and Dumber To was a no-brainer. After all, it's implied in the title," he said in a statement.
"Carrey grew increasingly frustrated by New Line and Warner Brothers, who he felt showed a lack of enthusiasm regarding the project," a source said.
The movie had been scheduled to begin shooting in September and the future of the project is now said to be in doubt. Last summer Jim admitted he was keen to make a Dumb and Dumber sequel: "We're talking about maybe returning to some old characters that everyone has been asking about. There's Bruce Almighty and we're talking about maybe another Dumb and Dumber."
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.