Latest Video: FilmCrunch 067: Hairspray, Chuck & Larry, Premonition reviewed
Boots says Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" was the perfect fit for the 50 Shades Of Grey trailer.
The producer - who created the trailer's soundtrack (seen after the jump) - chose to rework the singer's hi-tempo anthem into a slower, more sultry tune and says it was the best choice for the S&M movie.
"It just fits. I like to think of myself as more than just a producer. I look at what we did for the trailer and this version of the song is, very much in my opinion, a score. It was something that I consciously scored. Whenever it comes to the stuff that Bey and I do, I'll never speak for her, but I think that she killed it. She just absolutely killed it. The acapellas that she did gives me chills, so it's really dope," he said.
Boots also believes Beyonce's song is the perfect accompaniment to the raunchy movie which tells the story of how virginal Anastasia Steele falls for bondage-loving billionaire Christian Grey: "I think falling in love can make you do crazy s**t. That was the spirit of the original song in the first place, we flipped it and it kind of became a whole thing. This is the first time I've ever worked on a trailer."
Samuel L. Jackson was surprised to hear about Harrison Ford's injuries.
The 65-year-old actor was shocked by news that Harrison - who has reprised his role as Hans Solo in the sci-fi franchise - was crushed by a hydraulic door on set of the Star Wars: Episode VII last week, and insists the accident wouldn't have been his fault: "I'm sure it wasn't because he wanted to or it was something he was doing... I'm sure something went terribly awry if that happened because most times insurance companies don't like us doing those things!"
Evan Rachel Wood is reportedly being sued for $30 Million by the producers for the sequel of 10 Things I Hate About You.
The 26-year-old actress backed out of 10 Things I Hate About Life and is facing legal action from LLC who filed a suit on June 5 after production was shut down in January 2013 for the project which she signed on to in 2012, according to Deadline.com.
The company wants $20 million in lost profits, $5 million in special damages, $6 million in equity investments and $500,000 in lost financing costs. Producers allege the actress told the company in February 2013 that she was "unable and unwilling to continue" with filming, and "would be unable to recommence" until November 2013, before she chose to "walk out on the project."
The actress' representatives deny wrongdoing on her part and accuse the producers of using "bullying tactics":
Carrie Fisher says that the original Star Wars cast looked "a little melted" when they met ahead of shooting on Episode VII.
The 57-year-old actress reprises her role as Princess Leia in the blockbuster sequel alongside alongside Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker who are also returning to the franchise. She admits it was reassuring to see that everyone's appearance had changed 37 years on from the original. When talking to an audience at the Hay Festival in Wales, she said, "We all look a little melted. It's good to see other melted people. And it is good to have us all in a room because it's unique. I mean, I don't suppose they have reunions for the Gone With The Wind gang."
"It was the month after the accident happened with my brother Paul Walker and it was the first time I had worked since. Although it was challenging, just to get back to work was therapeutic — especially as Groot. There was an innocence about the character that was just refreshing — and it may have been more challenging under other circumstances, but at that time, it was very therapeutic."
- Vin Diesel shares how voicing the role of Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy helped him get over the death of his friend and Fast & Furious co-star Paul Walker.
(Make sure to check out other notable quotes.)
Read More | The Daily Mail
And you thought that Only God Forgives was a little strange?
Ryan Gosling makes his directorial debut with the fantasy thriller Lost River (previously titled How to Catch a Monster), in which his Drive co-star Christina Hendricks plays a woman named Billy who finds herself in the city's underbelly while her son (Iain De Caestecker) discovers a lost underwater town. The teaser trailer (above) features Doctor Who star Matt Smith (whose character is aptly named Bully) tormenting De Caestecker as he demands him (and the audience?) to "Look at my muscles!"
Read More | Variety
Harrison Ford has been approached to appear in a sequel to Blade Runner.
The 71-year-old action movie star is being sought to reprise his role as bounty hunter Rick Deckhard in a sequel to the sci-fi classic, originally released in 1982. Already on board with the project are Ridley Scott, who directed the original movie, and Hampton Fancher, who adapted the screenplay from Philip K. Dick's book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, founders of Alcon Entertainment, who are developing the movie, told The Hollywood Reporter, "We believe that Hampton Fancher and Michael Green have crafted with Ridley Scott an extraordinary sequel to one of the greatest films of all time. We would be honored, and we are hopeful, that Harrison will be part of our project."
Harrison is already re-living his glory days with his current project, reprising his role as Han Solo for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII.
Elizabeth Olsen is nervous about starring in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
The 25-year-old actress is one of the new stars to join the cast of the superhero movie - in which she will play the Scarlett Witch, alongside newcomer Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who will portray Quicksilver - and worries she has not had the same opportunity for character development as returning cast members.
"It is intimidating going into a production where everyone has their characters fully fleshed out and they know their weaknesses and they have their comedy. Aaron and I don't really have the luxury of time to develop those," she said.
The returning cast includes Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, Chris Evans as Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
Philip Seymour Hoffman will not be digitally recreated to appear in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.
The actor tragically died in February of a heroin overdose before he could complete the sci-fi film and director Francis Lawrence is determined to include the star in the scenes he couldn't complete, but will not settle for digitally enhancing his image into the movie.
"We finished the majority of his work. I think he might have had eight to 10 days left on our schedule. In most of those scenes, Phil didn't have any dialogue. We are going to put him into those scenes, but we're only using real footage. We're not creating anything digital or a robotic version of him," he said.
Shortly after his passing, studio Lionsgate, who is making the movies, said Philip would be recreated for scenes using CGI effects. Producer Nina Jacobson said they may give some of the star's character, Plutarch Heavensbee's, lines to other characters, but said that would happen "only in circumstances that we are able to do that without undermining the intent of the scene."
Well hasn't Zack Snyder showed us all up.
The director recently took to his Twitter to showcase both his photographic and directing abilities with a black and white image featuring Ben Affleck as Batman in his upcoming Man of Steel sequel. While there was a lot of backlash from fans about the casting announcement last August, the Argo director looks like he's filling out Christian Bale's batsuit quite well after all.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.