Tragedy strikes during production of The Dark Knight Rises. Warner Brothers confirmed that an unidentified male extra passed away from natural causes on the set of the new Batman film.
"The studio can confirm that a male extra passed away while on a break during an off-set crowd rehearsal for a sequence with several hundred extras in early November. The production crew fully cooperated with the authorities' investigation, which established that he died of natural causes," a studio representative said.
Sources reveal that the man's unconscious body was found after he had walked away from the other extras; a medical crew was called immediately. "He was taken to the hospital straight away... It was during a period when the film was shooting a huge sequence with several hundred extras in the Wall Street area," a source said.
Read More | Daily Mail
The cast for the new Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises, is rounding out nicely. The mystery surrounding actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt has finally been cleared up: he’ll be playing Gotham City beat cop John Blake.
Marion Cotillard’s role as Miranda Tate has also been officiliazed by Warner Bros. Tate is a board member for Wayne Enterprises who will assist Bruce Wayne in his philanthropic efforts for the city.
It was previously announced that Anne Hathaway will play Catwoman and Tom Hardy will portray Bane. After The Dark Knight Rises, the entire Batman film franchise will be re-booted with a new cast (and main hero).
Read More | Huffington Post
Doesn’t this take away some of the excitement of The Dark Knight Rises? Warner Bros. has already announced it will re-boot the Batman movie franchise (for the fourth time) after the newest sequel in the current storyline plays out. The hero will be reinvented, again, for the big screen. An entirely new cast and crew will address the epic comic book icon in future feature films.
Christian Bale’s last turn as the Caped Crusader will come to theaters July 20, 2012.
Read More | Perez Hilton
When Joseph Gordon-Levitt was first reported to be re-joining forces with his Inception director, Christopher Nolan, for the next installment in the Dark Knight series, Dark Knight Rises, speculation ran rampant regarding the character he'd be playing. The two villains mostly mentioned were The Riddler, an iconic character in Batman's rogue gallery, and Deadshot. However, according to Variety, Gordon-Levitt will play Alberto Falcone also known as The Holiday Killer, the son of Mafia chieftain Carmine Falcone, a role played by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins.
Read More | Variety
Alice in Wonderland's White Queen will soon be adopting a much darker wardrobe.
It's just been announced that Anne Hathaway has won the role of Selina Kyle (a.k.a. Catwoman) in the next Batman installment. The 28-year-old is now the latest Academy Award nominee -- following Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry -- to play the famous character.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Anne was chosen over a list of contenders that included Keira Knightley, Jessica Biel and Kate Mara.
Read More | The Hollywood Reporter
Whether or not Tom Hardy plays a villain The Dark Knight Rises (btw - it appears he is), there's one thing we should know about the next Batman installment: It may be the last for Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale.
At least that's what they're saying now.
In a recent interview with E!, Bale said the follow-up to Dark Knight will likely be his last turn as the Caped Crusader. "This will be, I believe -- unless Chris [Nolan] says different -- the last time I'll be playing Batman."
Read More | Entertainment Weekly
The pieces of the Batman puzzle are finally starting to come together.
Today, we learned several new tidbits about the franchise’s next installment – which, from this point on, we will officially call The Dark Knight Rises.
Although we do already know that Tom Hardy will be joining the Christopher Nolan project, it’s been unclear which character he will play. We can now say with certainty which role he won’t be playing: the Riddler.
Director Christopher Nolan will be digging into his bag of favorites once again for the upcoming Batman sequel.
Nolan—who has worked with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Cillian Murphy on a variety of projects—has tapped an Inception actor to star in his next film about the Caped Crusader.
According to Deadline, Tom Hardy has been given a “lead role” in the highly-anticipated film. It’s not known at this time which character he will play.
If the casting rumors are true, this film would reunite Hardy with Bale and Caine—two of his Inception costars.
The as-yet-untitled film is expected to hit theaters on July 20, 2012.
Read More | Deadline
The caped crusader is finally set to return to the big screen.
The sequel to The Dark Knight, still untitled, will begin production in April 2011. Movie franchise stars Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are all involved with the project.
Warner Bros. has scheduled the next Batman movie for a July 20, 2012 release date.
Director Christopher Nolan‘s current project, Inception, opened in theaters today.
Read More | Entertainment Weekly
Inception director Christopher Nolan is “wary” of 3-D.
The director admits he still doesn’t think the technology has been advanced enough to properly suit cinematic releases, but is considering giving in to fan demand for the style to be used in the next Batman movie.
“Until we get rid of the glasses, or until we really massively improve the process, I’m a little wary of it. But we’ll be looking at it, and if that’s what audiences are demanding from blockbusters - and we’re making blockbusters - then it’s something we’ll address.”
Although considering using it himself, Christopher isn’t a fan of 3-D movies and believes a good movie should be so “well-shot and well-projected” that they don’t need to use the new filming technique.
“I’m taking a bit of a wait-and-see attitude towards 3-D. It’s come and gone many times over the years. I don’t particularly enjoy watching films in 3-D films because I think that a well-shot and well-projected film have a very three-dimensional quality to it. So I’m somewhat sceptical of the technology.”
Filming of the currently unnamed movie, which will star Christian Bale in the title role and be Christopher’s last for the franchise, is due to start in March 2011.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.