Samuel L. Jackson was surprised to hear about Harrison Ford's injuries.
The 65-year-old actor was shocked by news that Harrison - who has reprised his role as Hans Solo in the sci-fi franchise - was crushed by a hydraulic door on set of the Star Wars: Episode VII last week, and insists the accident wouldn't have been his fault: "I'm sure it wasn't because he wanted to or it was something he was doing... I'm sure something went terribly awry if that happened because most times insurance companies don't like us doing those things!"
Evan Rachel Wood is reportedly being sued for $30 Million by the producers for the sequel of 10 Things I Hate About You.
The 26-year-old actress backed out of 10 Things I Hate About Life and is facing legal action from LLC who filed a suit on June 5 after production was shut down in January 2013 for the project which she signed on to in 2012, according to Deadline.com.
The company wants $20 million in lost profits, $5 million in special damages, $6 million in equity investments and $500,000 in lost financing costs. Producers allege the actress told the company in February 2013 that she was "unable and unwilling to continue" with filming, and "would be unable to recommence" until November 2013, before she chose to "walk out on the project."
The actress' representatives deny wrongdoing on her part and accuse the producers of using "bullying tactics":
"[Cleopatra is] one of those that you feel like well, maybe that's the one you put everything into and that's where you end it, that's where you finish... In a great way, what could you do beyond that one?"
- Maleficent star Angelina Jolie hints that if she were to take on the role of Cleopatra - whom screen legend Elizabeth Taylor portrayed in 1963 - it would be her last film project as an actress.
(Make sure to check out other notable quotes.)
Read More | The Daily Mail
Carrie Fisher says that the original Star Wars cast looked "a little melted" when they met ahead of shooting on Episode VII.
The 57-year-old actress reprises her role as Princess Leia in the blockbuster sequel alongside alongside Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker who are also returning to the franchise. She admits it was reassuring to see that everyone's appearance had changed 37 years on from the original. When talking to an audience at the Hay Festival in Wales, she said, "We all look a little melted. It's good to see other melted people. And it is good to have us all in a room because it's unique. I mean, I don't suppose they have reunions for the Gone With The Wind gang."
Harrison Ford has been approached to appear in a sequel to Blade Runner.
The 71-year-old action movie star is being sought to reprise his role as bounty hunter Rick Deckhard in a sequel to the sci-fi classic, originally released in 1982. Already on board with the project are Ridley Scott, who directed the original movie, and Hampton Fancher, who adapted the screenplay from Philip K. Dick's book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, founders of Alcon Entertainment, who are developing the movie, told The Hollywood Reporter, "We believe that Hampton Fancher and Michael Green have crafted with Ridley Scott an extraordinary sequel to one of the greatest films of all time. We would be honored, and we are hopeful, that Harrison will be part of our project."
Harrison is already re-living his glory days with his current project, reprising his role as Han Solo for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII.
Philip Seymour Hoffman will not be digitally recreated to appear in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.
The actor tragically died in February of a heroin overdose before he could complete the sci-fi film and director Francis Lawrence is determined to include the star in the scenes he couldn't complete, but will not settle for digitally enhancing his image into the movie.
"We finished the majority of his work. I think he might have had eight to 10 days left on our schedule. In most of those scenes, Phil didn't have any dialogue. We are going to put him into those scenes, but we're only using real footage. We're not creating anything digital or a robotic version of him," he said.
Shortly after his passing, studio Lionsgate, who is making the movies, said Philip would be recreated for scenes using CGI effects. Producer Nina Jacobson said they may give some of the star's character, Plutarch Heavensbee's, lines to other characters, but said that would happen "only in circumstances that we are able to do that without undermining the intent of the scene."
Director Sam Taylor-Wood has revealed that her husband, Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson-Wood, will be making an apperance in Fifty Shades of Grey.
When asked at a recent Godzilla premiere about whether or not she was able to fit Johnson-Wood into the much-anticipated film - which is currently in post-production - the 47-year-old hesistated a moment before answering, "Actually, I have."
Taylor-Wood (unfortunately!) didn't divulge anything aside from admitting that the 23-year-old - to whom she's been married for 2 years now - will have a role in the film adaptation of the best-selling novel. Fans will have to wait to see just which role she gave him!
The film, which stars Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey and Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele, is slated to be released around Valentine's Day next year.
Read More | The Daily Mail
Michael Fassbender has given hope to folks looking forward to a Prometheus sequel.
In the recent press rounds for X-Men: Days of Future Past, Fassbender - who played the android David in the 2012 sci-fi film - confirmed his involvement in the sequel but could not say when production would start.
When asked if he'd like to work with Prometheus director Ridley Scott again, Fassbender answered, “For sure. I love Ridley. He’s a master filmmaker."
His X-Men co-worker James McAvoy then asked him, “Are you doing a sequel?” to which he responded, “Yeah, but when I don’t know.”
Although Scott's involvement in the project is still up in the air, the soonest the film could realistically hit theaters would be in 2016.
Read More | Collider
Leonardo DiCaprio has reportedly "burned" himself out.
The Wolf of Wall Street star has been told to slow down by his friends as they fear his hectic work schedule is having a negative effect on his health and personal life. "Leo has been working like a demon over the past three years - and it's now starting to come back and haunt him. He's pretty burned out at the moment and suffering from insomnia from pushing himself so hard. Everybody is begging Leo to slow down but he's just very focused on making a lot of money right now -- to the exclusion of almost everything else," a source said.
However, it appears the 39-year-old actor has been investing his money wisely as he recently spent $10 million on a new four-bedroom apartment in New York. He also splashed out $8 million on an apartment adjacent to a $4 million home he already owns in the eco-friendly 2 River Terrace in Battery Park City last month. And in February, he spent $5.2 million on a six-bedroom mansion in Palm Springs, California.
Lindsay Lohan's film Inconceivable is reportedly having trouble securing financing.
The 27-year-old actress vowed to get her life back on track after being released from rehab for the sixth time last year and has stayed sober other than one blip which was captured on her reality TV show Lindsay. Although she has cleaned up her act, it is alleged that financiers aren't still have major concerns about the Mean Girls actress due to her past reputation and are concerned she won't be reliable on set.
"There is currently no date for filming to begin on Lindsay's Inconceivable... producers are having trouble getting money for the project. There is always the problem of insuring Lindsay for movies. Her diva behavior, not showing up on time, or at times, Lindsay doesn't even arrive at all. It's very likely this movie will never get made. The only reason Inconceivable was pitched at Sundance was an attempt to garner interest and create buzz about the project. It didn't. Lindsay is currently in Europe attempting raise money for the project, but isn't having any luck," a source said.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.