Monday September 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Box Office Breakdown: End of Watch Finishes First
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Buena Vista, FOCUS, Disney, Lionsgate, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Period, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Sports, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
It was a close race to the top of the box office this weekend, but the latest David Ayer thriller End of Watch came out ahead with $13.1 million.
In second place was the Jennifer Lawrence film House at the End of the Street, which debuted with $12.2 million while third place went to Clint Eastwood's Trouble With the Curve, which debuted with $12.1 million. Finding Nemo in 3D dropped two spots from last week to number four with $9.6 million, and last week's number one film, Resident Evil: Retribution, dropped down four spots to number five with $6.7 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. End of Watch, Open Road, $13,152,683 (avg. $4,818)
2. House at the End of The Street, Relativity, $12,287,234 (avg. $3,985)
3. Trouble with the Curve, Warner Bros., $12,162,040 (avg. $3,786)
4. Finding Nemo (3D), Disney, $9,641,474 (avg. $3,320)
5. Resident Evil: Retribution, Screen Gem, $6,701,803 (avg. $2,222)
6. Dredd, Lionsgate, $6,278,491 (avg. $2,505)
7. The Master, The Weinstein Co., $4,391,092 (avg. $5,572)
8. The Possession, Lionsgate, $2,641,990 (avg. $1,017)
9. ParaNorman, Focus, $2,345,630 (avg. $1,451)
10. Lawless, The Weinstein Co., $2,286,215 (avg. $875)
- Related Tags:
- box office, box office breakdown, box office results, dredd, end of watch, finding nemo, finding nemo 3d, house at the end of the street, lawless, paranorman, resident evil: retribution, sidefeatured, the master, the possession, trouble with the curve
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.