Sunday February 17, 2013 4:53 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Latest ‘Die Hard’ Film Barely Outperforms ‘Identify Thief’
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Weinstein Company, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Mystery, Period, Political, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
This weekend apparently weren't good enough days for Die Hard.
Though the latest installment in the Bruce Willis-fronted Die Hard series debuted at number one this weekend with $25 million, it barely made more than the runner-up (and last week's number one film) Identity Thief, which took in $23.4 million. The Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough romantic vehicle Safe Haven opened to the number three spot with $21.4 million. The animated film Escape from Planet Earth was also a newcomer this weekend, earning $16 million to secure its place at number four while Warm Bodies slipped three spots to number five with $9 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. A Good Day to Die Hard, Fox, $25,000,000 (avg. $7,036)
2. Identity Thief, Universal, $23,437,000 (avg. $7,405)
3. Safe Haven, Relativity, $21,430,000 (avg. $6,649)
4. Escape From Planet Earth, The Weinstein Co., $16,066,000 (avg. $4,886)
5. Warm Bodies, Summit, $9,000,000 (avg. $3,107)
6. Beautiful Creatures (2013), Warner Bros., $7,460,000 (avg. $2,529)
7. Side Effects (2013), Open Road Films, $6,307,000 (avg. $2,421)
8. Silver Linings Playbook, The Weinstein Co., $6,088,000 (avg. $2,765)
9. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Paramount, $3,470,000 (avg. $1,650)
10. Zero Dark Thirty, Sony, $3,100,000 (avg. $2,037)
- Related Tags:
- a good day to die hard, beautiful creatures, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, die hard sequel, escape from planet earth, hansel and gretel: witch hunters, identity thief, safe haven, side effects, silver linings playbook, warm bodies, zero dark thirty
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.