Monday June 18, 2012 10:09 pm
Box Office Breakdown: Madagascar Stays on Top
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, DreamWorks, FOCUS, Disney, Fox Searchlight, New Line, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Music, Musicals, Period, Remakes, Romance, Satire, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
The animals of Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted truly are a determined bunch.
Maintaining its number one position at the box office, the animated family film earned $34 million this past weekend, enough to keep Prometheus at bay with its $20.7 million. Coming in third is Rock of Ages, which made its debut this weekend with $14.4 million. The new Adam Sandler comedy That's My Boy also debuted this past weekend with $13.4 million, securing the fourth position at the box office. Lastly, Snow White and the Huntsman was bumped down two spots to number five with $13.2 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, Parmount/DreamWorks, $34,055,474 (avg. $7,989)
2. Prometheus, Fox, $20,712,174 (avg. $6,017)
3. Rock of Ages, Warner Bros. (New Line), $14,437,269 (avg. $4,161)
4. That's My Boy, Sony, $13,453,714 (avg. $4,440)
5. Snow White and the Huntsman, Universal, $13,265,635 (avg. $3,584)
6. MIB 3, Sony, $10,047,575 (avg. $3,205)
7. Marvel's The Avengers, Disney, $8,905,467 (avg. $3,449)
8. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Fox Searchlight, $2,283,218 (avg. $1,928)
9. Moonrise Kingdom, Focus Features, $2,237,726 (avg. $12,571)
10. Battleship, Universal, $1,248,150 (avg. $1,325)
- Related Tags:
- battleship, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, madagascar 3, marvel's the avengers, men in black 3, mib 3, moonrise kingdom, prometheus, rock of ages, sidefeatured, snow white and the huntsman, that's my boy, the avengers, the best exotic marigold hotel
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.