Monday June 25, 2012 11:20 am
Box Office Breakdown: Brave Dethrones Madagascar 3
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: 20th Century Fox, Buena Vista, DreamWorks, FOCUS, Disney, New Line, Paramount, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Family, Horror, Music, Musicals, Period, Remakes, Romance, Science Fiction, Sequels, Comedy, Thrillers, Box Office, New Releases
Although movie-goers have been kind to Madagascar 3 for the past couple weeks, it didn't quite stand a chance against the newcomer Pixar/Disney film Brave, which secured Pixar's 13th first place debut with $66.7 million.
The third Madagascar film secured its second place spot with $20.2 million while the period horror film Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter debuted at number three with $16.5 million. Coming in fourth place is Prometheus with $10 million while Rock of Ages rounded out the top five with $8 million.
Read More | Box Office Mojo
1. Brave, Disney, $66,739,000 (avg. $16,028)
2. Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, Paramount/DreamWorks, $20,200,000 (avg. $5,153)
3. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Fox, $16,500,000 (avg. $5,309)
4. Prometheus, Fox, $10,000,000 (avg. $3,494)
5. Rock of Ages, Warner Bros. (New Line), $8,000,000 (avg. $2,305)
6. Snow White and the Huntsman, Universal, $8,000,000 (avg. $2,741)
7. That's My Boy, Sony, $7,900,000 (avg. $2,607)
8. Marvel's The Avengers, Disney, $7,040,000 (avg. $3,157)
9. MIB 3, Sony, $5,600,000 (avg. $2,275)
10. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, Focus Features, $3,836,000 (avg. $2,361)
- Related Tags:
- abraham lincoln vamire hunter, abraham lincoln: vampire hunter, box office, box office breakdown, box office results, brave, madagascar 3, madagascar 3: europe's most wanted, madagascar sequel, marvel's the avengers, men in black 3, mib 3, mib iii, prometheus, rock of ages, seeking a friend for the end of the world, sidefeatured, snow white and the huntsman, that's my boy, the avengers
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.